CALL | EMAIL | CHAT
Tamborine Village, Mt Tamborine National Park and Curtis Falls.
Join us for a relaxing morning at Mount Tamborine, the arts and crafts centre of the scenic rim. In only 30 minutes drive from the Gold Coast you will enjoy the change of pace, cool mountain air and beautiful views the mountain has to offer. Experience a guided leisurely walk through the rainforest to see Curtis Falls, enjoy a delicious morning tea, taste wines, explore the local arts and crafts along ‘Gallery Walk’ and more.
Duration 5 hours, Departs 8:00am daily.
Child $78 (2-16yrs)
Infant $0 (must be pre-booked, 0-1yrs)
- Scenic drive up the mountain and panoramic views across the Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Guided walk with an expert local guide through the ancient rainforest.
- Along the walk see the rainforest inhabitants that are unique to the region.
- Taking in the beauty of Curtis Falls, a habitat for glowworms, turtles, fish, eels and if you are lucky platypus.
- Learning about the local environment, history and the Tamborine township.
- Tasting locally produced wines and craft beers on the mountain (optional additional fee).
- Free time to stroll along Gallery Walk with its local arts, crafts, cellar doors and fudge shops.
- Enjoy the serenity of the forest as you breathe the fresh mountain air and spot native wildlife.
- Morning tea at Mt Tamborine cafe.
- National Park fees.
- Expert tour guide.
- In vehicle and guided walk commentary.
- A small group experience.
- Hotel pick up / drop off.
Other tours you might like
Who would enjoy this experience?
Everyone of course!
But really, this is an all ages tour. Babies through to centurions are welcome.
Low fitness is required and the guided walk is slow so we can see all the sights and very a easy walk.
There are some small steps and rocks that may be a little slippery after rain so closed in shoes are recommended.
Lots of families, couples, groups of friends and work colleagues have enjoyed this tour.
Please note this tour can be customised for private tours and large groups.
Tips for a great experience
- When it’s raining on the Gold Coast it is beautiful in the mountains!
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Take a jacket, hat, sunscreen & water bottle.
- Bring some money for extras you may wish to purchase. We love supporting local producers at Tamborine so while on Gallery Walk buy a bottle of wine or some locally made crafts or sweets.
- Stick to the paths and boardwalks for your own safety and to protect the rainforest.
- Let us know of any dietary requirements.
Why take a tour with Southern Cross Tours?
We are a pretty modest bunch, so we won’t tell you how sensational we are, we will just show you what we love!
We are nature lovers, we are protectors and sharers of the rainforest, we are storytellers, sometimes historians and most importantly Gold Coast locals who just want to show off our little piece of the planet.
For more information on who we are and why we do what we do head over to our about us page
What we look after on tour
- We provide you with a comfortable and easy experience from pick up to drop off.
- Our vehicle seats a maximum of 16 people including the driver so you will not get lost in the crowd.
- We will bring umbrellas, insect repellent and first aid kits.
- We have National Park Permits, accreditations and licenses to take tours through these regions.
- This is an all age tour so if you require a booster seat for younger family members, we can provide them at no extra charge – just let us know in advance.
- We bring the knowledge, the love of nature and the experience in the region to show you a beautiful part of the world, so you can relax, take it in and create a great memory!
Your Mount Tamborine experience
A relaxing 30 minute drive winding through eucalyptus trees to enter the magnificent rainforests of Tamborine Mountain National Park. Sit back and enjoy the views while you get to know your expert guide for the day. Our guides are locals with extensive knowledge and expertise of the region. They love to share their favourite sights as well as stories and knowledge about the Hinterland, it’s unique flora and fauna. Look out the window to view waterfalls cascading into cool mountain streams and look for koalas and other native wildlife along the way.
Once we arrive at Mount Tamborine, we take a break for morning tea enjoying delicious fresh scones, served with jam, cream, tea and coffee. Then a chance to stroll the shops of Gallery Walk, Tamborine Mountain’s arts & crafts precinct with locally made items.
Tamborine is building a reputation distilleries, wineries and breweries so this tour would not be complete without a tasting. Cellar doors are sprinkled along Gallery Walk inviting you in for a Red, White or port tasting. Support a local business and purchase a bottle to take home. If you prefer a lager over a pinot, then you can skip wine tasting and head to Mount Tamborine’s brewery to taste their extensive range of locally produced beers. (wine tasting and beer tasting at own cost).
Gallery Walk named so for showcasing the arts and crafts created by locals to sell to visitors. Local artists are still showcasing their creations of everything from oil on canvas through to homemade soaps and don’t forget the fudge and sweets shops. Wandering along Gallery Walk is a great way to support the local Tamborine community.
Discover Mt Tamborine
It’s time to journey into nature as we take you on a fully guided leisurely bush walk to the mountain’s only spring fed waterfall, Curtis Falls. Discovering the lush subtropical rainforests, we will tell you about the forest’s unique characteristics, how the Aboriginal people gathered food from the forest floor and the animals and birds that call the area home. Enjoy the peaceful ambience of the forest whilst keeping a look out for a range of insects and native wildlife.
Back to the Gold Coast
The return journey to the Gold Coast provides sweeping views of the Coast and surrounding mountain ranges. The tour concludes with your return drop off or alternatively we can drop you off at Movie World or Aquaduck in the heart of Surfers Paradise.
Pick up from Gold Coast Hotels
Lookout stop on Mount Tamborine
Gallery walk and wine tasting
Arrive back at Gold Coast Hotels
What our customers are saying
Andrea De Vere
I went on the glow worm tour after dark. Great experience. Our guide - Duff was very professional, friendly and cracked some jokes. Trip was to tamborine mountain - took about 40 mins to get there, walk to Curtis falls while seeing creatures of the night like frogs and trapdoor spiders.
Duff provided vast knowledge of native wildlife.
This is a must see adventure for everyone. Highly recommend!
Thank you southern cross tours.
- June 2021