CALL | EMAIL | CHAT
Lamington National Park, O’Reilly’s and Vineyard Tour
Experience the best of the Hinterland with breathtaking scenic views, a treetop walk and wild bird feeding. Visit an award winning vineyard and meet their friendly alpacas.
- As we leave the Gold Coast, we drive west to the Scenic Rim, through the hills and on to the town of Canungra.
- Along the journey your expert local guide shares the history, culture and stories of the townships and regions we pass through.
- Once we reach the top of the mountain we are greeted by O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. Here we enjoy a guided rainforest tour along the rainforest floor and high into the trees on the treetop walk.
- We spot unique wildlife and amazing bird life while on the walk and have the opportunity to feed wild crimson rosellas.
- Before we head back down the mountain we stop to see the panoramic 360 degree view across the Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Enjoy a glass of the local Picnic Bubbles at Canungra Valley Vineyard, see the peacocks and meet the Alpacas. (optional feeding and walking experience)
Lamington National Park, O'Reilly's & Vineyard Tour
This tour provides you with all the best highlights packed beautifully into one fantastic day. A fully guided tour visiting the world’s largest sub-tropical rainforest, the famous O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat and Canungra Valley Vineyard. Experience stunning panoramic views, a canopy treetop walk, wild bird feeding and more on this relaxed journey to 1,000 metres above sea level.
Duration 5.5 hours, Departs 9:00am daily.
Prices: Adult $99
Child $78 (2-16yrs)
Infant $0 (must be pre-booked, 0-1yrs)
What's included on all Gold Coast Hinterland tours?
Your Lamington National Park, O'Reilly's & Vineyard Tour
Explore the highlights of the Gold Coast hinterland and discover the natural beauty of Lamington National Park, O'Reillys and Canungra on this guided experience.
Your day begins with a relaxed drive through the Canungra Valley. We take a brief stop in Canungra where you can purchase a hot beverage. Light refreshments are offered before continuing our journey from the valley floor to the summit of World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park, part of the largest continuous, subtropical rainforest anywhere on earth.
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
Upon arrival at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat your guide will explain the O’Reilly’s amazing history including the Stinson plane crash. Experience a birds eye view on the tree top walk consisting of 9 suspension bridges 16 metres above ground. A special wildlife experience awaits once you return, grab your camera out and get a shot of the wild King Parrots or Crimson Rosellas feeding from your plate!
Our next stop is Kamarun lookout which provides stunning 300-degree views, from the Gold Coast to Brisbane. The is a magical place to get the perfect panoramic shot.
As we head back down the mountain you will experience the true beauty of the region as the road winds its way through tunnels of rainforest canopy and eucalyptus trees. Look out for wilfide on the sides of the road and in eth treetops.
When visiting the Scenic Rim, a stop at a vineyard is a must. O’Reilly’s own Canungra Valley Vineyard set beside a mountain stream gives you the chance to check out the vineyard, feed Alpacas and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine.
Lunch options are available for purchase at either O’Reilly’s or Canungra Valley Vineyard.
Remove the hassle of driving and experience the hinterland with the Gold Coast’s most experienced rainforest tour operator.
Back to the Gold Coast
The return journey to the Gold Coast provides sweeping views of the Coast and surrounding mountain ranges. The tour concludes with a return drop off or alternatively we can drop you off at Movie World or Aquaduck in the heart of Surfers Paradise.
Everyone of course.
But really, this is an all ages tour. Babies through to centurions are welcome.
Low fitness is required and the guided walk is slow so we can see all the sights and very a easy walk. There are some small steps and rocks that may be a little slippery after rain so closed in shoes are recommended.
Lots of families, couples, groups of friends and work colleagues have enjoyed this tour.
Please note this tour can be customised for private tours and large groups.
We are a pretty modest bunch, so we won't tell you how sensational we are, we will just show you what we love!
We are nature lovers, we are protectors and sharers of the rainforest, we are storytellers, sometimes historians and most importantly Gold Coast locals who just want to show off our little piece of the planet.
For more information on who we are and why we do what we do head over to our about us page
When it's raining on the Gold Coast it is beautiful in the mountains!
• Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
• Take a jacket, hat, sunscreen & a water bottle.
• Bring some money for extras you may wish to purchase.
• We love supporting local producers at Tamborine so while on Gallery Walk buy a bottle of wine or some locally made crafts or sweets.
• Stick to the paths and boardwalks for your own safety and to protect the rainforest.
• Let us know of any dietary requirements.
• We provide you with a comfortable and easy experience from pick up to drop off.
• Our vehicle seats a maximum of 16 people including the driver so you will not get lost in the crowd.
• We will bring umbrellas, insect repellent and first aid kits.
• We have National Park Permits, accreditations and licenses to take tours through these regions.
• This is an all age tour so if you require a booster seat for younger family members, we can provide them at no extra charge – just let us know in advance.
• We bring the knowledge, the love of nature and the experience in the region to show you a beautiful part of the world, so you can relax, take it in and create a great memory!
What our customers are saying
August - 2021
We had a great day with Aza (Aaron) on the Lamington National Park, O'Reilly's and Vineyard Tour. Experienced the winding road up to lookout at the original O'Reilly's guesthouse sight and sampled some fine wines at the Canungra Valley Vineyard, where we said Gidday to some of the Alpacas that are quartered there, before being transported back to our hotel in Surfers.
October - 2021
We had a great day out with Southern Cross Tours on our Lamington National Park Tour. Our guide, Harry was animated, energetic and extremely knowledgeable, throughout the duration of the day. This was good value for money with pick up and drop off, travel, lookout, rainforest skywalk and bird feeding experience included. The winery and alpaca farm were a nice way to end the day. Thank you for a fabulous day out.
January - 2022
Very enjoyable day on the Lamington National park, O’Reilly and vineyard tour. Just the right pace with comfortable vehicle, regular stops and interesting local and historical information from our guide. The winery is beautiful, love the alpacas. Spectacular views along the way. If you are nervous driving on windy roads, do this tour and let the professionals take care of it.