CALL | EMAIL | CHAT
Lamington National Park, O’Reilly’s & Vineyard Tour
This tour provides you with all the best highlights packed beautifully into one fantastic day. A fully guided tour visiting the world’s largest sub-tropical rainforest, the famous O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat and Canungra Valley Vineyard. Experience stunning panoramic views, a canopy treetop walk, wild bird feeding and more on this relaxed journey to 1,000 metres above sea level.
Duration 5 hours, Departs 8:00am daily.
Prices: Adult $99
Child $78 (2-16yrs)
Infant $0 (must be pre-booked, 0-1yrs)
- As we leave the Gold Coast, we drive west to the Scenic Rim, through the hills and on to the town of Canungra.
- Along the journey your expert local guide shares the history, culture and stories of the townships and regions we pass through.
- Once we reach the top of the mountain we are greeted by O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. Here we enjoy a guided rainforest tour along the rainforest floor and high into the trees on the treetop walk.
- We spot unique wildlife and amazing bird life while on the walk and have the opportunity to feed wild crimson rosellas.
- Before we head back down the mountain we stop to see the panoramic 360 degree view across the Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Enjoy a glass of the local Picnic Bubbles at Canungra Valley Vineyard, see the peacocks and meet the Alpacas. (optional feeding and walking experience)
- Rainforest Treetop Walk .
- Bird Feeding.
- Light refreshments.
- Glass of Sparkling wine.
- National Park fees.
- Expert tour guide.
- In vehicle and guided walk commentary.
- A small group experience.
- Hotel pick up / drop off.
Other tours you might like
Who would enjoy this experience?
Everyone of course!
But really, this is an all ages tour. Babies through to centurions are welcome.
Low fitness is required and the guided walk is slow so we can see all the sights and it is a very easy walk.
There are some small steps and rocks that may be a little slippery after rain so closed in shoes are recommended.
Lots of families, couples, groups of friends and work colleagues have enjoyed this tour.
Please note this tour can be customised for private tours and large groups.
Tips for a great experience
- When it's raining on the Gold Coast it is usually beautiful in the mountains.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Take a jacket, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
- Stick to the paths and boardwalks for your own safety and to protect the rainforest.
- Let us know of any dietary requirements.
Why take a tour with Southern Cross Tours?
We are a pretty modest bunch, so we won't tell you how sensational we are, we will just show you what we love!
We are nature lovers, we are protectors and sharers of the rainforest, we are storytellers, sometimes historians and most importantly Gold Coast locals who just want to show off our little piece of the planet. For more information on who we are and why we do what we do head over to our about us page.
What we look after on tour
- We provide you with a comfortable and easy experience from pick up to drop off.
- Our vehicle seats a maximum of 16 people including the driver so you will not get lost in the crowd.
- We will bring umbrellas, insect repellent and first aid kits.
- We have National Park Permits, accreditations and licenses to take tours through these regions.
- This is an all age tour so if you require a booster seat for younger family members, we can provide them at no extra charge – just let us know in advance.
- We bring the knowledge, the love of nature and the experience in the region to show you a beautiful part of the world, so you can relax, take it in and create a great memory!
Your Lamington National Park, O'Reilly's & Vineyard Tour
Explore the highlights of the Gold Coast hinterland and discover the natural beauty of Lamington National Park, O'Reillys and Canungra on this guided experience.
Your day begins with a relaxed drive through the Canungra Valley. We take a brief stop in Canungra where you can purchase a hot beverage. Light refreshments are offered before continuing our journey from the valley floor to the summit of World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park, part of the largest continuous, subtropical rainforest anywhere on earth.
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
Upon arrival at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat your guide will explain the O’Reilly’s amazing history including the Stinson plane crash. Experience a birds eye view on the tree top walk consisting of 9 suspension bridges 16 metres above ground. A special wildlife experience awaits once you return, grab your camera out and get a shot of the wild King Parrots or Crimson Rosellas feeding from your plate!
Our next stop is Kamarun lookout which provides stunning 300-degree views, from the Gold Coast to Brisbane. The is a magical place to get the perfect panoramic shot.
As we head back down the mountain you will experience the true beauty of the region as the road winds its way through tunnels of rainforest canopy and eucalyptus trees. Look out for wilfide on the sides of the road and in eth treetops.
When visiting the Scenic Rim, a stop at a vineyard is a must. O’Reilly’s own Canungra Valley Vineyard set beside a mountain stream gives you the chance to check out the vineyard, feed Alpacas and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine.
Lunch options are available for purchase at either O’Reilly’s or Canungra Valley Vineyard.
Remove the hassle of driving and experience the hinterland with the Gold Coast’s most experienced rainforest tour operator.
Back to the Gold Coast
The return journey to the Gold Coast provides sweeping views of the Coast and surrounding mountain ranges. The tour concludes with a return drop off or alternatively we can drop you off at Movie World or Aquaduck in the heart of Surfers Paradise.
Pick up from Gold Coast Hotels
Stop in Canungra
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
Arrive back at Gold Coast Hotels
What our customers are saying
Andrea De Vere
I went on the glow worm tour after dark. Great experience. Our guide - Duff was very professional, friendly and cracked some jokes. Trip was to tamborine mountain - took about 40 mins to get there, walk to Curtis falls while seeing creatures of the night like frogs and trapdoor spiders.
Duff provided vast knowledge of native wildlife.
This is a must see adventure for everyone. Highly recommend!
Thank you southern cross tours.
- June 2021