CALL | EMAIL | CHAT
Evening Rainforest Tour
Evening Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour
Be guided on a unique nocturnal experience, observing the rainforest at night by torchlight. Spot wildlife, Curtis Falls waterfall and the magic of the glow worms.
- Scenic drive up the mountain and panoramic views across the Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Guided walk by torchlight with an expert local guide through the night time rainforest.
- Along the walk see the nocturnal rainforest inhabitants that are unique to the region.
- There is nothing quite as unique as the sounds and sights of the rainforest in the evening.
- Our walk will take us down to Curtis Falls, a stunning waterfall that flows into a basalt rockpool.
- Along the rock face we see the glowing lava which is Glow Worms, unique to the Australian east coast.
- Learning about the local environment, history and the Tamborine township.
- Enjoy the serenity of the forest as you breathe the fresh mountain on this unique and stunning experience.
Evening Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour
Join us for an unforgettable night in the rainforest after dark! On this tour we guide you through the ancient rainforest at night. This is a truly unique and memorable experience.
*Please note there is no luggage/pram/stroller storage on the bus.
Tour duration is approximate and is based on tour time starting from and returning to Aquaduck Gold Coast Circle on Cavill shopping centre, Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise.
Departs 6:15pm daily
Duration 3.5 hours
Child $89 (2-16yrs)
Infant $44.50 (must be pre-booked, 0-1yr)
*Minimum 6 pax to run
What's included on all Gold Coast Hinterland tours?
Tour Disclaimer: Southern Cross Tours may alter or cancel any section of any of the itinerary which may result from road closures, weather, suppliers or any other condition of an operational nature. Alternate vehicles may be used in the event that a Southern Cross vehicle is unavailable.
Your Evening rainforest and glow worm tour
Experience an exciting night time tour with stargazing, delicious dessert at a local restaurant and a fully guided rainforest walk to the waterfall. This is a great tour for you to discover the bio-network of a rainforest and to experience nocturnal wildlife spotting.
On the mountain
Following your pickup, we will journey to the peaceful and picturesque Gold Coast hinterland. Once we reach the mountain we will head to a local lookout to enjoy the view back across the sparkling Gold Coast city Lights.
A local mountain top restaurant awaits us to serve tea, coffee or hot chocolate accompanied by a selection of delicious cakes.
Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour
With the expert knowledge of your guide, discover the lush forests of the Mount Tamborine National Park and spot native nocturnal wildlife. Everyone has a small flashlight to light the walkway. Some of the most amazing creatures come out at night. On your adventure through the rainforest look for frogs, oversized crickets, Tawny Frogmouths (Local owls), Possums, glowing mushrooms and so much more.
At the end of the trail emerges Curtis Falls, a subtropical waterfall and habitat to the stars of the show, the ever fascinating, glow worms.
Throughout the night learn about the ancient rainforest from your expert guide. You’ll love the small group tour that we offer and where we visit is away from the crowds providing a more personalised experience for you.
Back to the Gold Coast
The return journey to the Gold Coast provides sweeping views of the Coast and surrounding mountain ranges. The tour concludes with a return drop off to your hotel.
Southern Cross Tours may alter or cancel any section of any of the itinerary/tour which may result from road closures, weather, supplier unavailability or any other condition of an operational nature.
What our customers are saying
January - 2022
Booked glow worm tour here finally and got our funny and knowledgeable guide Harry 😊 It’s hard to find a guided tour end of the year as we booked quite late, here is highly recommended. The trip is well planned, we explore the rainforest to see sugar glider, spiders, gecko, waterfalls and definitely the glow worms 🦎 Beautiful nature! We also stop for 20 mins to have some coffee ☕️ and lovely mystery cakes 🍰 (recommended)!!! The cafe’s atmosphere is amazing. Harry made the whole trip really enjoyable😜 Wanna say a big thank you at last!
December - 2021
We’ve been to the Gold Coast numerous times on holidays but this was our first time doing the glow worm tour and it was the best!!! So great to see the bush at night and all the wonderful things that live in it. Our guide Duff was amazing and had us laughing throughout our session. Highly recommend experience!!!
February - 2022
We had a great time going on the glow worm tour.
We got picked up from our spot, then drove to have hot chocolate and cake at a place in the mountain then went on our tour.
Got to see lots of animals including a trap door spider, lizards, lots of bugs and of course glow worms.
Our guide Duff was great. Told some jokes and played some pranks which made it enjoyable.
I went with a 7 and 8 year old who enjoyed it.
Everyone of course.
But really, this is an all ages tour. Babies through to centurions are welcome.
Low fitness is required and the guided walk is slow so we can see all the sights and very a easy walk. There are some small steps and rocks that may be a little slippery after rain so closed in shoes are recommended.
Lots of families, couples, groups of friends and work colleagues have enjoyed this tour.
Please note this tour can be customised for private tours and large groups.
We are a pretty modest bunch, so we won’t tell you how sensational we are, we will just show you what we love!
We are nature lovers, we are protectors and sharers of the rainforest, we are storytellers, sometimes historians and most importantly Gold Coast locals who just want to show off our little piece of the planet.
For more information on who we are and why we do what we do head over to our about us page
When it’s raining on the Gold Coast it is beautiful in the mountains!
• Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
• Take a jacket, hat, sunscreen & a water bottle.
• Bring some money for extras you may wish to purchase.
• We love supporting local producers at Tamborine so while on Gallery Walk buy a bottle of wine or some locally made crafts or sweets.
• Stick to the paths and boardwalks for your own safety and to protect the rainforest.
• Let us know of any dietary requirements.
• We provide you with a comfortable and easy experience from pick up to drop off.
• Our vehicle seats a maximum of 16 people including the driver so you will not get lost in the crowd.
• We will bring umbrellas, insect repellent and first aid kits.
• We have National Park Permits, accreditations and licenses to take tours through these regions.
• This is an all age tour so if you require a booster seat for younger family members, we can provide them at no extra charge – just let us know in advance.
• We bring the knowledge, the love of nature and the experience in the region to show you a beautiful part of the world, so you can relax, take it in and create a great memory!