CALL | EMAIL | CHAT
Evening Rainforest Tour
Evening Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour
Join us for an unforgettable night in the rainforest after dark! On this tour we guide you through the ancient rainforest at night. This is a truly unique and memorable experience.
Duration 4 hours, Departs 5:30pm daily.
Child $78 (2-16yrs)
Infant $0 (must be pre-booked, 0-1yrs)
- Scenic drive up the mountain and panoramic views across the Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Guided walk by torchlight with an expert local guide through the night time rainforest.
- Along the walk see the nocturnal rainforest inhabitants that are unique to the region.
- There is nothing quite as unique as the sounds and sights of the rainforest in the evening.
- Our walk will take us down to Curtis Walls, a stunning waterfall that flows into a basalt rockpool.
- Along the rock face we see the glowing lava which is Glow Worms, unique to the Australian east coast.
- Learning about the local environment, history and the Tamborine township.
- Enjoy the serenity of the forest as you breathe the fresh mountain on this unique and stunning experience.
- Dessert (hot beverage and cake) at Mt Tamborine cafe.
- National Park fees.
- Expert tour guide.
- In vehicle and guided walk commentary.
- A small group experience.
- Hotel pick up / drop off.
Other tours you might like
Who would enjoy this experience?
Everyone of course!
But really, this is an all ages tour. Babies through to centurions are welcome.
Low fitness is required and the guided walk is slow so we can see all the sights and it is a very easy walk.
There are some small steps and rocks that may be a little slippery after rain so closed in shoes are recommended.
Lots of families, couples, groups of friends and work colleagues have enjoyed this tour.
Please note this tour can be customised for private tours and large groups.
Tips for a great experience
- When it’s raining on the Gold Coast it is beautiful in the rainforest and glow worms love the rain.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Take a warm jacket and water bottle.
- Stick to the paths and boardwalks for your own safety and to protect the rainforest.
- Let us know of any dietary requirements.
Why take a tour with Southern Cross Tours?
We are a pretty modest bunch, so we won’t tell you how sensational we are, we will just show you what we love!
We are nature lovers, we are protectors and sharers of the rainforest, we are storytellers, sometimes historians and most importantly Gold Coast locals who just want to show off our little piece of the planet. For more information on who we are and why we do what we do head over to our about us page.
What we look after on tour
- We provide you with a comfortable and easy experience from pick up to drop off.
- Our vehicle seats a maximum of 16 people including the driver so you will not get lost in the crowd.
- We will bring umbrellas, insect repellent and first aid kits.
- We have National Park Permits, accreditations and licenses to take tours through these regions.
- This is an all age tour so if you require a booster seat for younger family members, we can provide them at no extra charge – just let us know in advance.
- We bring the knowledge, the love of nature and the experience in the region to show you a beautiful part of the world, so you can relax, take it in and create a great memory!
Your Evening rainforest and glow worm tour
Experience an exciting night time tour with stargazing, delicious dessert at a local restaurant and a fully guided rainforest walk to the waterfall. This is a great tour for you to discover the bio-network of a rainforest and to experience nocturnal wildlife spotting.
On the mountain
Following your pickup, we will journey to the peaceful and picturesque Gold Coast hinterland. Once we reach the mountain we will head to a local lookout to enjoy the view back across the sparkling Gold Coast city Lights.
A local mountain top restaurant awaits us to serve tea, coffee or hot chocolate accompanied by a selection of delicious cakes.
Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour
With the expert knowledge of your guide, discover the lush forests of the Mount Tamborine National Park and spot native nocturnal wildlife. Everyone has a small flashlight to light the walkway. Some of the most amazing creatures come out at night. On your adventure through the rainforest look for frogs, oversized crickets, Tawny Frogmouths (Local owls), Possums, glowing mushrooms and so much more.
At the end of the trail emerges Curtis Falls, a subtropical waterfall and habitat to the stars of the show, the ever fascinating, glow worms.
Throughout the night learn about the ancient rainforest from your expert guide. You’ll love the small group tour that we offer and where we visit is away from the crowds providing a more personalised experience for you.
Back to the Gold Coast
The return journey to the Gold Coast provides sweeping views of the Coast and surrounding mountain ranges. The tour concludes with a return drop off to your hotel.
Pick up from Gold Coast Hotels
Lookout stop on Mount Tamborine
Dessert at local cafe
Guided Rainforest Walk
Arrive back at Gold Coast Hotels
What our customers are saying
Andrea De Vere
I went on the glow worm tour after dark. Great experience. Our guide - Duff was very professional, friendly and cracked some jokes. Trip was to tamborine mountain - took about 40 mins to get there, walk to Curtis falls while seeing creatures of the night like frogs and trapdoor spiders.
Duff provided vast knowledge of native wildlife.
This is a must see adventure for everyone. Highly recommend!
Thank you southern cross tours.
- June 2021